Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Stockings

Here are two entries that I've recieved, you only have 2 days left to submit them to me, just a brief description of what supplies were used or any special techniques and a picture.

This stocking was made by my dear friend Elaine Wright



carstock and paper- Real Red Cardstock with Merry Moments Designer Paper Stampin Up
box-Fancy Favors box die Stampin up

The top and heel/toe are fabric. I put it on a box , you could put treats in it or use it like I did to hold silverware at your holiday table (yeah, we are both so fancy). I'm sending 3 pictures because, well, I'm an over-achiever :~) -Elaine

2nd one is from one of my readers

Both stockings are cut from DaisyD paper and misc white and dark red paper. The DaisyD piece is leftover from a slab I had. I was looking for something that looked like patchwork material and this was perfect.

Both stocking bodies were distressed on the edges with black ColorBox chalk ink then outlined with a black atyou Spica pen. I also outlined each heal. I used a garnet and lipstick red atyou Spica pens on the dark squares in the paper to give them some sparkle.

For the smaller one I cut my son’s name out of misc black paper then covered it with black stickles to make it look like it was done in glitter on the stocking top. For the larger stocking I covered the top with DecoArt Glistening Snow Writer to make it look fluffy. I cut “Merry Christmas” from Diana’s Merry Christmas Title file to put on it and used a small red rhinestone to dot the “i” in Christmas. To finish it off I added a holly charm (from www.acharmingplace.com) colored with Emerald Green Liquid Pearls and Xmas Red Stickles.--Sandra


Where are all the other stockings???

Diana

1 comment:

Caroline said...

love the idea of attaching the Stocking to a box to hold goodies! Both Stockings are gorgeous!